Pages

Friday 27 April 2012

Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner Review

Hi all,

I have been in search for a really black eyeliner for as long as I can remember, I found a Revlon one some years ago which I loved but they unfortunately discontinued it. This actually broke my heart.

Since then I have tried eyeliners from every brand I could find and nothing has ever matched up, the closest I had was my Lancome one which still isn't as black as I would like and it still left me with the dreaded panda eye look by the end of the day.
Then I stumbled across this little beauty, whilst the 3 for 2 was on at Boots I was picking up a couple of items for £5 so needed a third item and spotted this, I thought for a fiver it was worth ago, I've spent more on eyeliners that have been naff plus its technically free.

Here is the liner






As you can see it just looks like your everyday normal eyeliner, nothing special. Although it does come with a sharpener on the end. I'm not sure if I got a duff one or if its just not very good but mine actually chewed my eyeliner up instead of sharpening it so I wont be using it again.
Now onto the liner, it is so black, so so black and it lasts all day. I have used it on my water line and it doesn't budge all day. I have also used it on my eye lids to create a cat eye effect and its so easy to apply, glides on like a dream and again doesn't budge.

Here is a swatch of it on my hand, impressive huh? :-) Okay, so not the best pictures, I'm still getting used to this camera so forgive the poor photos please. I can assure you this eyeliner is great.




Here I have compared to some of my other liners that I had handy

From L-R
Elf
Avon
Nyx
Loreal
Eyeko
Prestige
Vivo
Urban decay
Lancome
Soap & Glory
 This is just one swipe of each liner, as you can see alot of them need sharpening as they are giving quite a thick line but it is one swipe.

Overall I give this eyeliner a stonking 10/10 by far the best eyeliner I have ever used, fantastic colour payoff and super long last, I will be picking up a few more of these to keep in various places so I have one to hand at all times.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes a black black liner, and at only £5 I think this is a steal. Well done Soap & Glory



Thanks for reading all

Hope your having a fab weekend

Lots of  Love

CF x

No comments:

Post a Comment