Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Carmine Box February

Hi all,

Todays post is on the February Carmine box, this is my first box from them, I am currently subscribed to Glossybox but decided to give Carmine a try. There has been a bit of an uproar on this months box due to them selling out of the original planned box and having to replace a few items with products from past boxes that have been the most popular. Personally I really didn't have an issue with this. Everyone seemed to want the Steam Cream, I wasn't bothered either way and received what seems to be the second alternative box.


I really like the packaging, I think it looks a little more classy than the Glossybox (no offence to GB as I love the baby pink box) with the black box and the pink logo, the only issue I had was I couldn't get the lid off, not sure if this was due to me being really impatient and trying to open it awkwardly or if it is quite difficult to get off, my husband managed it no problem.



 When I first opened up the tissue paper, I'll be honest I wasn't blown away but after actually looking at the items I'm really happy with them and actually prefer this to what was supposed to be the original box.

Here are the items I received.



The first thing my eyes went to was the Japonesque smudger brush. It looks like a really high quality brush and from what I have read from other people its really soft and works really well. I haven't tried this product so can't give a review.



Second item I saw was the Toothpaste, I love trying out new toothpastes, especially whitening ones so I can't wait to give this a go and see if it does anything for my teeth.



Thirdly was the Diego Dalla Palma lipstick sample, I got shade 32 which is a orangey pink colour, I will definitely be giving this a go, I've taken a look on their website but the shipping seems really expensive so don't think I will be purchasing anything from them even if I like it, which is a shame but hey ho what can you do?



Next was a perfume sample, this was included as a bonus item, I assume this is because people always seem to complain when getting perfume as one of the 5 items. Its not my cup of tea unfortunately, its a little too floral for me but at least I get to try something I wouldn't normally and you never know I may end up liking it. 



Next item I got was the Andrea Fullerton nail varnish in Matthew, this is like a flesh coloured shade, I love it I put a coat on my little finger and it went on really easily and dried quickly. Very happy with this item and its a full size product which is a bonus.



My final item and my favourite is the Blingtone eyeshadow, I am in love with this. I got it in the shade sp"ice"y it is uber sparkly but doesn't look too over the top glittery on your eyes. Its absolutely stunning, I wore it today and I think it looks fab, I would definitely recommend a primer with this eyeshadow but apart from that its true love for me and I will definitely be purchasing alot more of these colours. I think a trip to Boots is in order!!!!



All in all I am really impressed with Carmine, I love the box and the products. I will definitely be keeping my subscription to see whats in store for next month. Keep up the good work Carmine

Thanks for reading.

Lots of Love

CF x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment