Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

July Favourites

July  has been a good month for me in terms of finding products that I know I will continue to use and will be repurchasing. I usually like something for a week and then find that I just get bored of it or it doesn't have the same effect as it did when I started using it,  but these products are ones that I have continuously used and either love just as much, if not more than when I first started. So lets get straight into it.


You can find all the products above here, I've searched for the cheapest sites  if they are available to buy in more than one store.

Natural Collection Eyeliner - Available in Boots stores at £1.99, cannot find online.
Sleek Rose Gold Blush - Or in Superdrug stores


I ordered this from John Lewis, it was on offer for £7.49 so I thought why not. I've seen hundreds of reviews on this product and they are so mixed so I never bothered with it. I've been using Lancome Teint Idole for my bad skin days and Yves Saint Laurent new Touche Eclat foundation on my better skin days but this has now taken over both and I just use this with a bit of my Collection 2000 powder and I love it. It just gives me enough coverage without making me feel like I'm caked in make up. This is the original one but I believe they have recently brought out an oil free version, I have quite oily skin and this one is fine with me although I could see it leaving me a little shiny looking if I skipped the powder so I'll be giving the oil fee version a go once I have finished with this.


I did a post recently on budget mascaras vs the Lancome Doll eyes mascaras and this one featured in it. You can find the post here I have since used this mascara pretty much every day. I adore it. I find it lengthens my lashes so much and with a few coats gives me as much volume as I like for a day time look. Its £1.99 and will definitely be repurchased in the future. I'll also be giving the other mascaras in the Natural Collection a range a go.


I could not tell you how many white eyeliners I have tried, in all brands and price ranges and I have never found one that I am happy with. It either looks really unnatural on my water line or it disappears after an hour or it just wont actually go onto my waterline. This one however ticks all the boxes. Its really creamy so applies easily and does last all day. Again this cost me £1.99 so I'm super happy that I have finally found a white liner that I get on with. I'm also pretty impressed with Boots for getting 2 products into my July favourites.


I actually received these curlers in a swap. I was in Selfridges a couple of weeks ago contemplating buying the Shu Uemera curlers at £20 after some time talking myself into and then out of buying it my husband told me to leave it go home and think and then if I still wanted them to buy them online. For once I actually listened to him and left them. I personally think £20 on a set of eyelash curlers is alot of money but I figured the amount I've spent on cheaper ones that I have hates would add up to alot more than the £20 for the Shu Uemera. Shortly after I spotted someone wanting to swap a pair of these which came in a beauty box so I thought what the hell. I bloody love them. They curl my lashes within about 5 seconds and it lasts all day. I am really happy with these and will not be splashing out on a pair of £20 curlers. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who is thinking about some new curlers.


There isn't alot to say about this product. It is what it is. It does keep my face from becoming shiny throughout the day and I don't need to reapply it. I have this in light and its perfect for my colouring. The packaging is sturdy and quite cute I think. It does have the problem of the wording rubbing off but I find this with alot of my Collection 2000 products. Its not a major issue but I just think it doesn't perhaps look quite as nice with half of the letters rubbed off. I'm perfectly happy with this product also and wont feel the need to go out and purchase any more higher end powders. It does its job and I'm pleased with it and its under a fiver!


I've been after this product for a while and finally decided to splash the cash last month and pick it up. It cost me £19 which is alot for me but I am so impressed with this. I have horrendous huge pores on my cheeks and nose which I think look really unsightly. I have been told that you can't see them but when I'm doing my make up in a morning I can see them and thats the point. I've been trying out so many products that claim to reduce pores but nothing works and I have given up on that now so I was looking for a product to reduce the appearance of them and this is what I came up with. Here is what Clinique say:

Look smooth and virtually flawless with pores that appear more than 50% smaller - instantly. Natural-looking matte finish lasts up to 8 hours. Resists sweat, humidity. In two skin tone shades, or Invisible Bright for subtle brightening. For all skin types.

Finger-dot and blend over pores - alone, over Correcting Serum, or Makeup.

I purchased it in invisible light after chatting to the very lovely sales assistant about which one would be better. I love it, it works, it honestly really really works. I don't know how or why but it does. The pores on my cheeks are nearly invisible and the pores on my nose are dramatically reduced. The good thing is you only need the tiniest amount to do your nose and cheeks so I think this will last me quite some time so £19  to help me feel more confident about my skin I think its money well spent.



Apologies it looks a bit dirty. I used it right before taking the photo. Anyway I purchased this from Superdrug for applying foundation but I found that it wasn't as good as my Real Techniques stippling brush so I was a bit miffed cause I really wanted to love it. However I decided to give it a go with my Collection 2000 powder and I love it, I just dab it in my powder and then onto my face and it looks great. It makes the powder look really natural and not cakey on my face at all which I sometimes find happens on my skin I'm not sure if this is how your supposed to use this product but I don't care. It works for me in this way and I'm so happy I bought it. I've always struggled to apply my powder to make it looks like I'm not wearing powder but this is now a must for me when applying it.


I did a post on this also when I managed to find it in a Superdrug a few weeks ago. You can find the post and swatches here I love this blush and have been using it most days. I love the gold in it and I find it blends nicely and I can build up the colour without looking like a clown like I sometimes do, I'm quite heavy handed when it comes to Blush. I think its a fab product, love the colour and the packaging looks nice too. I'll be picking up some more of the Sleek blushes, I currently have my eye on Flamingo and Pomegranate 

So I hope you enjoyed my July favourites. I already have a couple in mind for my August favourites so we will see if I am still enjoying using them by the end of the month!

Lots of Love

CF x x x

2 comments:

  1. I just rediscovered the garnier BB cream this week! Think I should start using it more often. Got my mum the sponge recently too but haven't given it a proper go myself. never heard it being used for powder so that's interesting :)

    Mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear nothing but good about Rose Gold, i'll have to check it out!

    i'm following, great blog!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete